The ITLS Completer is the next step if a provider chooses ITLS eTrauma to earn their ITLS Provider certification. The ITLS Completer covers the same skills stations and testing procedures as the ITLS Provider course. Students are tested based on their skill level (Basic or Advanced) and will be awarded an ITLS Advanced Provider or ITLS Basic Provider card upon successful completion.
- Patient assessment and management
- Basic and advanced airway management
- Spine management: Short SMR devices/Emergency rescue and rapid extrication
- Spine management: Helmet management/Log roll/Long backboard
- Traction splints
- Chest decompression/Fluid resuscitation (Advanced course)
Instructors are health care practitioners in emergency or critical care medicine.
Completion of an ITLS eTrauma course.
Providers will earn their ITLS Provider certification at the completion of the course. Course completion does not grant the privilege of licensure to practice. Students are responsible to obtain licensure to practice with the appropriate professional licensing body.
To maintain certification, providers must complete a recertification class once every three years. Recertification is typically a one-day course. Providers cannot recertify if their certification has expired.